Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easy Baked Chicken

Me and mine have been sick this week...thank you Texas allergy season. This cut down on my cooking this week a lot...and when I did cook, it was easy peasy sandwiches or pasta with some pre-made sauce.

I did, however, cook two great meals. This chicken recipe is one of M's favorites, even though whenever I cook it he thinks it's the first time I've made it. I usually serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans. Make plenty so you have leftovers for lunch the next day!

It is equally good cooked with chicken breasts or chicken tenders.

  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 t paprika
  • 1/2 t rosemary
  • 1/2 chervil
  • 1/2 marjoram
  • 1/4 t pepper
  • 2/3 c butter, melted
  • 3 pounds chicken breast or tenders
  1. preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. combine all seasonings, then mix into flour
  3. pour half of the butter into 9x13 baker
  4. dip each piece of chicken into butter and then flour, then place in pan
  5. pour any remaining flour over chicken and moisten with remaining butter
  6. cover securely with foil and bake for 20 minutes
  7. remove foil and cook for 15 minutes longer

No comments:

Post a Comment