Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mamma Mia

Sometimes I like something different for my weekly pasta night, and polenta fits the bill! This is an easy recipe that can be made with store-bought or homemade polenta. I haven't braved the homemade yet personally. I like this better than my other half does, but I enjoy the Italian seasoning flavors from the canned tomatoes combined with the fresh parsley.

  • 1 package or recipe prepared polenta
  • 1 pound Italian link sausage
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 T parsley, chopped
  • 14.5 oz can Italian stewed tomatoes
  • 6 oz can tomato paste
  • 1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan

  1. brown sausage and garlic in large skillet and drain
  2. cool slightly; cut sausage into 1-inch pieces and return to skillet
  3. add parsley, tomatoes, and tomato paste and bring to a boil
  4. remove from heat
  5. cover bottom of pan 9x9 pan with half the polenta and top with half the sausage mixture; repeat
  6. top with Parmesan and serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment